One of the things you should be doing is making action lists. Or in particular, a process list.
Let’s say that you’re launching a new website.
You should have a Launch checklist for that site, that could be something like this..
1. Checked site in Firefox and IE Browser for Formatting issues
2. Setup a 404 Error Page.
3. Created a 301 Redirect for non-www to www path
4. Added Privacy, Terms and Disclaimer Pages
5. Added Contact Form and Copyrights
6. Checked all links to make sure they are valid
7. Site is W3C Compliant http://validator.w3.org/
8. Site is keyword optimized for my target keywords
9. Added Meta Tags and Description
10. Site is spell checked.
The list can be as long or as short as you want, and in all fairness, I haven’t taken the time to run this checklist on all my sites so please don’t call me on it.
Regardless… think about the things you need to take action on, and create a process list to help you do it.
It can make a huge difference in both your business and your life.